Farm & Agricultural Insurance

What type of Farm Insurance do I need?

Each farm is different and needs different combinations of insurance. Many are diversified and we can also help there. Our preference is to meet you at your farm at your convenience and discuss which insurance best suits your needs. Unlike the mutuals, we aren’t tied to one particular underwriter – we will approach all of the farm insurers we have agencies with and will be able to provide you with quotes from all. This ensures we find the best cover for you at the most competitive price. It’s the sort of market review many other sectors have become used to but the agricultural sector has been missing. This ability to obtain quotes from different insurers means we can also tailor your insurance to your requirements. It may be that one insurer is best for the farm cover and another is better on the motor. We don’t need to place all of your covers with one provider. We have experience across all farming sectors and arrange cover for all sorts of diversified businesses as well – even those that export their end product around the world.

Get a Quote

Call: 01823 230249 or Request a call back:

Farm & Agricultural Insurance Quote Request

Farm Combined Insurance

A single policy designed to simplify your insurance needs, however complex. From hobby farms to very large estates, it can be used to protect buildings, machinery, personal accident, livestock, liability, business interruption, house and contents.

Although our typical policy covers the standard requirements for most UK farms, we understand that no two farms are the same. We can secure tailored cover, designed specifically for you.

With our Farm Combined product, there are no compulsory sections, meaning our clients receive the right level of cover at the right price, without paying for extras they don’t need.

Farm Motor Insurance

We know that when you work in agriculture, your vehicles are critical to the day-to-day operation of your business. In a constantly evolving world, vehicles of all shapes and sizes are playing an increasingly vital role in realising your farm’s true potential.

Our Farm Motor product takes care of all your farm vehicles, private and commercial, under one policy — from cars to commercial goods vehicles and from ATVs to combines.

Agricultural Contractors Liability Insurance

Agricultural contracting plays a key role in UK farming and we recognise that more and more farmers are actively seeking new opportunities to supplement their income by carrying out contracting activities.

We understand that each business’s requirements vary so our product covers a range of activities including (but not limited to):

  • Fertilising: crop spraying, spreading of muck and digestate.
  • Cultivation/drilling/harvesting: combining, silaging, ploughing, direct drilling, baling and wrapping, sub soiling.
  • Husbandry: lambing, sheep shearing, blacksmithing, farriering, pest and vermin control
  • Land Management & Forestry: Hedge cutting, dry lining, sports pitch maintenance
  • Agricultural construction: Agricultural engineering

Renewable Energy Insurance

Increasingly, farmers and landowners are diversifying into the production of electricity to generate their own energy source and to create a new income stream from the payment of government incentives. This has led to increased demand for specialist insurance to protect their installations.

Livestock Insurance

Our livestock policy provides all risks cover for specified animals and whole herds as a result of loss, destruction, damage, death, injury, illness and disease.

Q: Can I pay for my farm Insurance via direct debit?

A: Yes, we offer a direct debit facility through our finance provider, subject to status. Contact Townley Insurance brokers via email, phone or the contact form below to arrange a convenient time for you to meet our qualified Chartered Insurance Broker, to discuss your farm insurance needs.

direct debit piggy bank