Property Owners Insurance

Do I need Landlord Insurance?

If you rent out your property to tenants you will require Landlord Insurance. As a professional landlord, property manager or residents association. You may let a single studio flat, a block of flats, an individual house or a whole property portfolio of residential and commercial premises. Whatever the size, it is vital that you protect your investment against financial loss with a bespoke Property Owners Insurance policy.

Get a Quote

Call: 01823 230249 or Request a call back:

Property Owners Insurance Quote Request

Our policy can cover:

  • Full Accidental Damage Cover to Buildings and Contents included as standard
  • Malicious Damage Caused by Tenants
  • Theft or Attempted Theft by your Tenants
  • £5,000 free Landlord Contents Cover when Buildings Cover is taken (for White Goods, Curtains, Carpets and Blinds)
  • Unauthorised Alteration and Unauthorised Use of Services Cover
  • Trace and Access Cover
  • Accidental Damage to Fixed Glass and Sanitary Ware and Underground Services Cover
  • Loss of Rent/Alternative Accommodation £1,000,000
  • £5,000,000 Property Owners’ Liability Cover
  • £5,000,000 Legal Liability as Occupier or Landlord Cover
  • Replacement Locks, Landscaped Gardens, Fire Extinguishers, Emergency Accessed, Closed Circuit TV,
  • Debris Removal all covered and much more.

We can also cover:

  • Professionals
  • Business tenants (for commercial property)
  • Students
  • Families
  • Sharers / House of Multiple Occupation (HMO’s)
  • Single Occupancy
  • DHSS
  • Asylum Seekers
  • Refugees
  • Malicious Damage and Theft from tenants
  • Properties leased to Housing Association’s

Do I need Unoccupied Property Insurance?

Yes, if your property is:

  • Between tenants
  • Undergoing works/renovations
  • Redecoration
  • Probate, where the owner is deceased
  • The owner is in hospital/nursing home

We can also offer cover for:

  • Holiday Home
  • Commercial Property
  • Blocks of Flats
  • Flood Risk
  • B&B
  • Rent Guarantee

Suffice to say, standard home insurance won’t provide all the cover you need as a landlord. If you have at least one ‘buy to let’, make sure you’re protected against these additional risks. Contact Townley Insurance Brokers on 01823 230249 and we can advise on the best policy for you.

Q: Can I pay for my landlord Insurance policy via Direct Debit?

A: Yes, we offer a direct debit facility through our finance provider (subject to status and credit checks).

direct debit piggy bank